10 Back-to-School Tips
5 fun tips for getting ready for a new school year together
- Check together which school supplies are missing. Make an orderly list and combine shopping with a yummy break at a cafe.
- Give the bedroom a proper refresh. What can be donated or thrown away? Rearrange the furniture? Update the walls with a new color, wall sticker, or poster?
- Do you have enough shirts with the school logo (if required)? Choose together the desired colors and get them printed. Designate a special space just for school shirts.
- Is there someone new to the class? Set up a playdate with an old friend together with the newcomer.
- Create a plan together to get sleeping routines back on schedule…starting (if you can) 10 days before school starts.
5 tips for coping with back-to-school transitions
- Talk eye-to-eye about the new school. Where it’s located. How you will get there. How many hours each day. What’s special about it…
- Help them express their feelings about the transition. Draw pictures or build structures (with Lego, for example) together.
- Take a casual walk together to the new school. Show them the way. Take a peek inside or at the grounds.
- Review new details together such as the names of the teachers and which friends will also be there.
- Share your own experiences. Tell them about some of the transitions you experienced at their age such as a new school or new neighborhood, or even a new job as an adult.
This site is registered on wpml.org
as a development site.